This Crazy Beautiful Life: "I don't know how you do it."        
 
                 
     
       
     
       

About Me

My name is Kelly. I am wife to one and mommy to three. If its left up to me, that's the way I'd like it to stay. :-) I've been through a lot of struggles and down falls, but I'm thankful for God's hand in my life as well as His grace and mercy.
Powered by Blogger.
     
     
       

Thursday, June 21, 2012

"I don't know how you do it."

That is the easiest question for me to give an answer to, and should be obvious....umm hello, I'm SUPER MOM! No really, I have a cute little curl and everything! ;-)

Oh goodness, after today I should really win an award or something. A $100 certificate? Ok, a pedicure? A bookmark? Anything?! A sweet smile from my children would even be enough! *sigh*

My day consisted of.....(brace yourself, are you ready for this?)...
3:30am, finally going to bed.
6:30am - Layton "downstairs eat" = a granola bar and then to mommys bed
9:30am - Layton " Buzz, woody" = Toy Story 2 while I remain in bed with all 3 kids, 2 still asleep. What time did they get there? Haha. I have no idea.
10:30 - the rest of the clan awakens and it's time for some grub.
10:35 - oh crudola! I forgot we are out of milk. :/ Ok, who wants a granola bar (another for L) and a yogurt? Thankfully no one disagreed.
11:00 - Mommy needs to drink her smoothie and my coffee. "You guys wanna sit on the porch with me while I drink?" (again, it's just coffee and a strawana smoothie)
11:30 - ok, let's get ready I've got a number of errands to run.
1:00pm - What!? It's 1pm!! That took forever!
1:15 - finally leave home....

The rest of my day is pretty much like this...Stop 1. "Layton, stop hitting your sister. Please bring back my phone. Gabriella, keep your hands out of your sisters face. Layton, I said a game. Don't delete my pictures! Ana, it's ok baby. Layton, sit down. Gabriella, put your shoes back on. Layton, come here where I can see you. Ana, where did your binky go? Gabriella, get your hands off your brother. No, Gabriella let your brother have my phone for awhile. Gabriella, what did I just say? Layton, put your shoes back on. Layton, Layton!? Gabriella, let go of your brothers shirt please. I said LET go. Layton, do not even think about biting your sister. Oh, Gabriella, ok that's it; no park today. Layton, please get back over here and sit down. Ok, Gabriella, you can have my phone in the car.
Stop 2. Both of you sit and watch Super Why. No, Layton we don't need that. I said, no. Put that down! Layton, look at my face. I said, NO. Yes, Gabriella that's for your party. Layton, that's sissys. Gabriella, please be sweet. and the saga continued....

No. I'm not exaggerating. It was actually much worse as far as constantly repeating myself and sounding like a raging lunatic. Actually, I found myself breathing normally and still calm throughout stop 2; which was Walmart. The other stops were just drive through, so no one except the ladies at the windows could here the insanity seeping from the van.

This evening it was the same thing..eat your dinner, Layton what do you need honey? Gabriella, I asked you to eat. ....repeat about 50times. :/ I managed to SOMEHOW keep it together all day/night without blowing an eye socket. I was really pretty patient considering my crazy, cute kids had lost their minds. Which, honestly was sadly an achievement for me. One of the many things I'm working on, breathing and remaining calm and soft spoken. I have a LONG way to go.

Ok so, maybe I'm not "supermom", But I am getting really daring in how often I venture into public alone with my 3 kids. :-)

I know, that doesn't leave you feeling anymore intelligent or spiritual; but at least you now know that you're not the only one with wacko kids! Haha. Or maybe it just makes me feel better to think y'all have a little insanity in your homes too.

Here's 2 of my lovelys during our crazy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment