This Crazy Beautiful Life: 50 Shades of pneumonia, pre k and my babies!        
 
                 
     
       
     
       

About Me

My name is Kelly. I am wife to one and mommy to three. If its left up to me, that's the way I'd like it to stay. :-) I've been through a lot of struggles and down falls, but I'm thankful for God's hand in my life as well as His grace and mercy.
Powered by Blogger.
     
     
       

Friday, August 10, 2012

50 Shades of pneumonia, pre k and my babies!

So it's been awhile since I've blogged. It's been awhile since I've felt good enough to write. It's been days since I've even picked this iPad up. Boy, that right there will tell you something!

This blog post will be a hodge lodge of thoughts that I've been pondering on or I've discussed and want to touch more on.

As everyone knows, 50 Shades of Gray (or is it Grey?) has been a very big topic amongst a lot of people recently. I'm not going to elaborate or go into an extensive rampage. I just want to let my readers know my view and where I stand on this.

If you read it, I think no less of you. If you read it, thats your decision and I'll not judge or point the finger. That's not my place or reason in bringing up the topic. Here it is, plan and simple....

I was taught by my parents, Sunday school teachers, school teachers and many elders growing up that everything I do should bring glory to God. Even simpler; if it brings shame to Him then you probably shouldn't be touching it. Now before I go off sounding all holier than thou or like I'm being judgmental and snooty, let me be the first to point the finger at myself. I know I've made more than my share of mistakes and that I've fallen short of that previous statement. I'm working on it and that's all I/you can do. I don't claim to be perfect. But what I do claim is that I'm trying my best to watch my p's and q's. I plan on making it to see my heavenly Father some day and if I'm not sure about an issue or conviction, then I'd rather lean to the safer side. JUST IN CASE! I'd hate to miss my invitation into the pearly gates because I chose to live a little to close to the edge of the cliff.

With that said, I haven't read, will not be reading, nor do I have any desire to read 50 Shades. I don't believe that it will better me as a person, Christian, wife or mother. So why then would I want to read? Pretty simple, huh?! :)

On a lighter note, I HATE pneumonia! It is of the devil!!! I feel pretty good and have most of my energy back; although still sporting a slightly pesky cough. It will be 3 weeks on Monday since I was plagued with this dreadful sickness. Definitely appreciate all the prayers that were prayed for me as I know it could've been much worse. The doc threatened me with "hospitalization" twice! Thankful i missed that boat.

Gabriella will be starting her second year of pre k in just a few weeks. She is super duper excited about it and has been asking every morning if I'm dropping her off today. I must admit, I'll be glad to have a few hours of no fights and arguing. It's amazing how easy errands can be with only one toddler and an infant. :) On the sadder note, I can't believe the next step is kindergarten!! Waaaaaaaa! I'm so not ready for that! And I've got to start looking into our options and that freaks me out even more (deep breath). God help us to choose wisely. Some say it's not a big deal. Um excuse me, but yes, yes it is. These are the most tender and sincere years of her life, these are the years that she will learn right from wrong and good from bad. She will learn how to treat others, how to kindly lend a compassionate hand, when to get involved, how to stand strong! The list goes on and on! It takes a village to raise a child and I want her village to be filled with good, positive, God fearing people. Big decision!! Whew! Ok enough on that, my bp is rising.

And seriously? When did my babies get so big? Why must it happen so quickly? Ok maybe I'm emotional, but they've got to slow down! Went today for Ana's 6 month pics (she really just turned 7 months, but better late than never) and got some cute ones of the kids together. I spent a little more than I planned, but I want to remember those sweet faces that cooperated today (rare occasion during photography). Those little hams.

Chris put a cute pair of pj's on Ana a few nights ago that I had bought for her when I was pregnant. I told him that when I got them in the mail and was oohing and aahhing that they just seemed so big. I knew it would be awhile before she was able to wear them. Well, that day has come; and it's too soon! Tonight as I was putting her to sleep, she rubbed my arm with her sweet, ever so slightly chubby fingers until she dozed off. *sigh* I'm gonna miss this. Here i go, getting choked again. Ok ok, enough is enough.

Refresher:
Live life to better yourself, surround yourself and your little ones with good people, and HOLD TIGHT to your babies while they are still little!! :)

THAT IS ALL. ;)

Heres a pic of us with Ana on the inside. And today's pics of my tiniest to the (not so) biggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment